Friday 1 October 2010

Get those brushes out!

So your pet woke you up at 4am, you get back to sleep at 4:30, you’re up at 6:30 to get in the shower, you get the train to work, you rush around all day, people give you grief, you go home and get in at 20:30, you eat something, talk to your wife, help with the washing up, it’s 22:00, you’re dead on your feet. What do you do next?

If you ever want to get that army painted, you head up to the loft and do some painting! Raising an army isn’t easy, not even when you have more free time than I currently do, and I'll be honest, some have less than that.

Last night I got myself to the painting desk for just thirty minutes, and I got a little done on some Terminators I’ve been working on. I didn’t feel like it, I felt like crashing, but this is the reality of achieving your goals. I want to paint these miniatures, so I make the effort. I find the time. I do it even if I'm tired. I will not falter. I will not fall. This is my army, and I'm going to paint it.

This short blog update is for anybody passing by in the future who might be in need of a little motivation. So listen to me: you can get that army painted; you can do it, just stick at it! It’s not wishing and hoping that gets an army painted, it’s sticking to your goals long enough to see the results!

You’re never too tired! Strength and determination are of the mind, not the body! Get the kettle on! Get those brushes out!

-Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment