Sunday 24 October 2010

Two weekends to go...

Technically, there are four weeks to go until 'Planetstrike Weekend'. However, I have a 30th birthday to attend next weekend, ten pints to drink, a kebab to wish I hadn't eaten, and a hangover to enjoy. Also, the fourth weekend of the remaining time is the event weekend itself. Finally, I don't really get to paint in the week anymore (for the next few weeks) because everybody is doing overtime at work as we hurtle towards our final deadline. I work in the video games industry, and our game is getting ready to ship for the Christmas period. So, I have two weekends (i.e. four days) remaining before Planetstrike weekend. Am I on schedule? Naturally!

More pledges complete! My two Deathguard Kill-Teams with Plasma and Rhino transport are finally complete. I would have liked to spend more time on some of these cool old-school minis, but I have to stay on schedule. Here they are:



I also got hold of a third old-school Obliterator, and rebased the three of them on 40mm bases:


With four days' dedicated painting remaining, I am obviously eager not to waste any time. I have three Terminators to paint in order to complete the squad, and the Black Legion Vindicator, which I have made some early steps on tonight. Here's a work-in-progress (WIP) snap. Everybody likes painting table WIPs:


I'll get the Vindicator finished on the weekend of November 6th-7th, and the three Terminators done the following weekend.

Seems crazy to say it, but time is running out. I cannot wait to see our painted armies fighting it out over a painted gaming board and scenery. It's the most stunning sight a gamer can enjoy. Add tea, and you're getting into religious experience territory.

See you on the other side!

-Scott

1 comment:

  1. So I saw your forum post on CMON and thought I'd drop by...

    Now I started painting in the late 80's, and I'm pretty familiar with a lot of older GW/Citadel models. But I've never seen those old Obliterators before. They're certainly odd, and different from the new "meaty" ones. I do think I like these better, at any rate.

    - No Such Agency

    ReplyDelete