Thursday 25 November 2010

Were still here! AwoooO

2 Days!
6 Games! (plus a cheeky one before breakfast on day 2)
3 Armies!
1 speed bastion assembly!
12 bacon and egg butties!
47 cups of tea!
3 1/2 takeaways!
2 lost dice!
3 deepstrike mishaps!
4 broken models!
1 deepstriking land raider!!!

          We had it all! What a weekend it was, fun was had by all, even our resident spectator (I hope). We learned alot about planet strike, agies defence lines are good, rivers of lava are bad! So what we thought would be a great defensive setup on the first game rapidly evolved, it soon became clear there was no ideal setup all combinations had their merits and pitfalls, the economics of battle changed drastically too, having a unit kill more then it's worth for example, this had no real bearing, as the game could be won of the slightest of margins, in fact several games came down to a single dice roll (Damn that Demon Troll...err Prince!) it was hard and brutal and totally in keeping with my vision of the 40k universe, were the opposite sides don't have the decency to line up on the field before the battle. It's added a whole new level to the game, one that probably would have existed without the aid of supplement several years ago, but I don't want to get into that right now.

          Winning and losing make no odds to me, I enjoy the mental challenges the game offers and pitting my wits against my opponent, it's getting caught in the moment that makes this hobby so special. Tho I'm bit worried Scott and Si found my so-called 'blood lust' a little overbearing (tho in character!), I make no apologies, as it has come to represent to me one of the few times I can really let go and not worry about other peoples perceptions and have some damn good fun, which would only be achievable around such good friends :)

Only downside to the whole weekend other then it ending was the winner has to make the tea.. /shrug >:(

- Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment