Sunday 31 July 2011

Fighting the Blood Angels

I've played a few games recently against the Blood Angels (BA). They're certainly popular at the moment. Opinion on the Codex is divided between loving it (those who play it), and it being over-powered and guilty of breaking core game tenets (deep-striking Land Raiders).

I don't like the aspects of the BA Codex that break core 40k tenets, but I don't think the list is over-powered. I play Chaos Space Marines, an army that many believe is woefully under-powered compared to other 5th edition lists. However, a recent Draw and two Wins for me proves the Blood Flies don't win games by themselves - and they are fun to play against, in a way - in the way you can only laugh as things appear out of nowhere at ridiculous speed toting special rules to make grown men cry into their tea! =)

Yeah, I'll have a rumble with the Blood Angels any day!

Some shots from a recent game:

Nice move - but there was nothing left(!) after the Plasma Cannons on a nearby ziggurat returned fire!

Nice move - but landing in front might have stopped it just driving off! (the 4 was for 'smoke')
A beautifully painted Stormraven.

No comments:

Post a Comment