Friday 15 July 2011

Hobbying, Roster Variants, Chosen

Another fierce two days of gaming have come and gone at the esteemed BritHammer Towers. The trip opened with a Space Wolf and Blood Angels alliance teaming up to field 2500pts against an 'everything from the miniatures cabinet' Chaos list. Suffice to say, the 'loyalists' won it with ease.

We then played a variety of games and drank a copious amount of tea. Ollie even bought me a curry, which was jolly nice of him seeing as I don't have a job at the moment and am thoroughly Skint!

Space Wolves did very well, again, as usual, well done Ollie! - and even the Blood Angels managed a win, just, as the Attacker in a PlanetStrike game. It's a tough crack, attacking in PlanetStrike! =) Boo!!!! Next time blood flies!

The Daemonic Predator guards the flank of the Chaos Marine tactical squad

At least the hill is undercoated! As for the allied commanders...


HOBBYING

Aside from playing games, and painting armies, or squads, or making terrain, sometimes it's the little jobs that are quite pleasing. I've just been up in the loft and pinned a plastic combi-melta to an old skool lead chaos termie shoulderpad. It looks great. I also finally painted up a power weapon and twin-linked bolter arm for my termies which means I can field my regular armament without proxies or improvised weaponry. I no longer have to say, 'everything is as seen except the guy with the heavy flamer and power fist, he's equipped normally'. A small thing, but I think it's worth the effort to kit-bash and convert so things are equipped as seen. Feels good.

New age plastic combi-melta + pin + old skool lead chaos termie shoulderpad  = cheers Ollie!
Allllso....I now have all the bits and pieces I need for a squad of melta-toting Chaos Chosen - old Rogue Trader era minis plus a Rhino that needs some work doing. The meltaguns are arriving in the post tomorrow. Watch this space!


ROSTER VARIANTS

Finally, I have been thinking up some Roster Variants to shake up the regular game a little. It's easy to get in a rut with the list you typically take. This can be good for your game, as fielding the same list over and over really helps you learn it and use it well, but sometimes it's nice to rock the boat, isn't it? Check out the variants below and try one or two out, see how it changes things. Warning! Old skool hobbying alert! Game balance detonation in T-minus 3, 2, 1 <BANG> !!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22492528/40k-I-forgot-my.doc


Until next time...noob!

-scott

No comments:

Post a Comment